|Dr. Charles J. Southall, III, Executive Pastor|
Parents: Mrs. IsabeIla McFarland Southall and the late Rev. Charles J. Southall, Jr.
Siblings: Brother – The late, Gregory K. Southall
Sister - Min. Kersandra S. Peters
United In Holy Matrimony
To the former Lila Maria Peters - September 17, 1977
Father of Charles IV, Chelsey Junonna and the late Myrtle Southall
Father by marriage of: Alfred E. Davis, Jr. and Torriana Bell-Southall
Grandfather (Poppi)of AlLaChea Lailah Davis, Cureia Jolie Southall, Char'lae Southall & Brayden Barrow
Grandfather by Marriage (Poppi) of LaMara Pepp, LaMont Pepp Jr. and Asia Mariah
Son-in-law of The late Joseph F. Peters, Sr. and the late Myrtle Rita Rouzan Peters and
Lila's Stepmother Ester Peters.
• New Zion Baptist Church New Orleans, La. Pastor by A L Davis, Jr. Baptized March
22, 1964 at age 6 and active in the Children’s Choir.
• Purelight Baptist Church New Orleans, La. Pastor by Dr.Arthur Monday, Jr. Member
of Junior Usher Board and Youth Choir
• Lowerlight Baptist Church New Orleans, La.
• After the installation of his father, Pastor Charles J. Southall, Jr. he became very
involved in the ministries as Minister of Education, Director of the Sanctuary Choir,
and Associate Minister.
Acknowledgement of Call to Ministry
• Received and acknowledged his call at the age of 21, February, 1979 at Lowerlight
• Preached First Sermon - March 17, 1979 at Lowerlight Baptist Church.
• Licensed to Preach - January 11, 1980 Ly Lowerlight Baptist Church.
• Ordained Minister - November 15, 1984 by 1st District Baptist Association by Dr. A.
P. Fortner, President.
• Installed as the 7th Pastor of First Emanuel Baptist Church - April 24, 1989 by Ideal
Association by Morris Burell, President.
• Joseph A. Craig Elementary 1969 Rivers
• Frederick Junior High 1973
• Joseph S. Clark Sr. High 1976
• University of New Orleans 1983
• New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary 1984
• Union Baptist College & Theological Seminary D. D. 2001
• Christian Bible College Doctor of Divinity 2002
• Honor Student Elementary through High School
• Who's Who Among American High School Students 1975 & 1976
• Captain of Football Team - High School
• President of Choir - High School
• Sang Score to Movie Dawn 1977
• First: Black Vice President of Foster Company, Inc., 1983
• Vice President of Finance/Operations of Foster Company, Inc., 1984
• First: Commissioner of Commercial Athletic Association 1978-1984
• Lexington Who’s Who Among Executives & Professional - 1999-2000
• New Orleans Police Dept. Lost Child Care Center - 1991-2002
• Outstanding Speaker - Male -Gospel-Music Workshop of America New Orleans
Chapter 1989-1990 & 1990-1991
• Oxford's Who's Who Among Extraordinary Professional and Executives 1991-1992
• Community Services Business Man of the Year - 1992
• Freeport McMoran / Data Newsweekly - Scoop Jones Trailblazer February – 1995
• North American Registry Of Who's Who Among Successful African American Civic
Leaders - 1999
• Oretha Castle Merchants .Association - A Few Good Men Award Recipient - 2000
• Spirit of Greatness Award - 2000
• Delta Theta New Orleans Chapter – The Artie Award Recipient - 2001
• Real of Central City Annual Award - 2002
• Crime fighter Religious Leader Award of the Year by Chief of Police Eddie Compass
• The Contemporary Who's Who - 2003/2004
• Louisiana Businessman of the Year - 2004
• Habitat for Humanity Board
• Police Athletic League Board
• Jerimiah - Group Board Metropolitan Area Committee (MAC)
• Board Metro New Orleans, Baptist Conference - First Vice-President
• New Orleans parish School Board Oversight Committee - Chairman Finance
• Inter-Denominational Ministerial Alliance (IMA)
• New Orleans Business & Industrial District – Secretary / Treasurer,
Commissioner (Formerly A.M.I.D.)
• Ideal Association - General Secretary
• Advisory Board State of La Public Health Hospitals Family Planning / Chairman /
Nominating Committee / Budget Committee
• Southeastern Louisiana Rehabilitation Corporation - Director
• Big Brother /Big Sister of Southeast Louisiana - Board Member
• City of New Orleans Human Relations Commission / Executive Committee
• Velocity Foundation - Board Member
• National Baptist Convention U.S.A. Inc.
• Cornerstone Missionary Baptist General Association Treasurer / Director
• Progress Loge #16, Free & Accepted Masons Prince Hall Affiliate
• Union Theological College and Seminary Board of Trustees Asst. Recording
• Delgado Foundation - Secretary / Treasurer - Board Member
• Central City Economic Development Partnership - Treasurer/Board Member
• Central City Partnership - Board Member
• Louisiana Baptist State Convention - Director Economic
• Community Services -1st Vice President / Board Member
• United Baptist Association - General Secretary
• Greater New Orleans Faith - Base Community Development Corporation
• Appointed Chaplain - New Orleans Police Dept. by former Chief Eddie Compass.
• Appointed Chaplain - New Orleans Police Dept. by Chief Warren Riley
• Comprehensive Central City Initiative of New Orleans, Inc. - Executive Board
• New Orleans Faith Based Initiative - President
• Innocence Project New Orleans - Board Member